I wish this guy luck:
“I hope to bring Hollywood celebrities-such as Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Angelina Jolie and Oprah Winfrey-to Israel for 5-day visits. Birthright Hollywood will sponsor these educational trips for celebrities in order to strengthen the sense of solidarity between the entertainment industry and Israel,” says Mark Hardie, founder of Birthright Hollywood and its parent organization, The Hollywood Israel Foundation.
This raises a few questions, including:
- Is there a copyright on “Birthright”?
- How exactly is a trip to Israel a “birthright” for Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, and the other non-Jewish celebs?
- Birthright Israel is premised on free trips to Israel for first-timers. Is the cost keeping Oprah from visiting?
- I would like to take Angelina Jolie to Cabo san Lucas for a five-day visit. Would you tell my wife?
- Tom Hanks visited Israel 25 years ago when he filmed “Every Time We Say Goodbye.” Can I have his ticket?