Dandy Sandy turns 75 (!) today. Can it really be?
I hope I look that good when I’m his age. Or ever.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I’m going to refer to previous links about the Dodger (and Jewish) legend from the Korner.
- Because you can never get enough Koufax stories
- A statute for Sandy would be dandy (you can still vote)
- The next Sandy Koufax?
- Nine? Nine? Oh Nine! (recalling the 40th anniversary of Koufax’s final no hitter)
- Writer brings old hero to new generation (Jonah Winter’s kids’ book, You Never Heard of Sandy Koufax?)
- That’s all well and good, but what if he wrote with his right hand?
- Last year’s nod to Koufax’s birthday
- Sandy Koufax sighting…
- Speaking of Sandy (minor league mascot named for Dodger great)
- Koufax pre-spring training sighting
- Sandy Koufax: A “Neyer” moment? (The original Neyer story netted the Korner its largest hit-count)
- More on Koufax’s latest appearance
- Back to Business: The next Sandy Koufax
- Obama, Koufax celebrate Jewish Heritage Month
- Sandy Koufax: Never enought tributes
- 32 at 75 (A Y’s art exhibit tribute to Koufax)
- The Mantle-Koufax “connection” (via Jane Leavy’s book, The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America’s Childhood)
- “Reluctantly, Koufax Steps Back Into the Light for a Film About Jewish Ballplayers,” NY Times feature
- Kaplan’s Korner for Koufax Kollectors
Here’s a link to the Google Image page for the numerous Koufax baseball cards.
Finally, some reading material for your consideration: