Let’s face it, the Mets are playing over expectations. If they were last in the NL East, I don’t think there would be as much heat on Davis for his dismal performance. After all, it takes more than one player — at least in baseball — to make a team into a winner. I’m speaking from experience here.
But since the Mets are doing so well, there is even more pressure to shore up the troops and that means seriously considering sending Ike Davis to the minors. Here are just a few recent stories on the subject:
- From The Wall Street Journal: “Been Down So Long, It Looks Like Up to Davis”
- From the Amazin’ Avenue blog: With Jason Bay Returning, Should the Mets Send Ike Davis to the Minors?
- The New York Timesasks a similar question
- In this piece on “Ten Unlucky Hitters and Their Chances of Bouncing Back“, USA Today adjudged Davis as moderately expected to improve
- Front RantSports, “Ike Davis needs to Go Down to Buffalo”
- Davis disagrees
Most sources praise Davis as a fine young man, but when it comes to pro sports, it’s results ont he field that matter.