Doesn’t quite have the same ring as “pitchers and catchers,” does it? Nevertheless, today is opening day for NFL training camp.
Sage Rosenfels is the only “pitcher” in the small band of JFL brothers. He will be vying for the first backup QB post for the Minn. Vikings.
The only true “catcher” on the list is Rosenfels’ former teammate, Greg Camarillo, currently a free agent.
Other MOTs in the NFL include:
- The Schwartz Bros., Geoff (Rosenfels’ new teammate, after being signed as a free agent) and Mitchell (a rookie with the Cleveland Browns). Geoff missed all of last season with the Carolina Panthers due to injury.
- Antonio Garay, San Diego Chargers
- Erik Lorig, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Taylor Mays, Cincinnati Bengals, who according to the vast rumors that envelop all sport training camps, has a good chance to win the starting position of strong safety.
- Brian de la Puente, New Orleans Saints
- Adam Podlesh, Chicago Bears
- The Bears are also hoping for big things from Gabe Carimi, perhaps the most Jewish-identifying player in football, after he missed most of last season with a knee injury.
- Igor Olshansky is still on the free agent market following his bust for marijuana possession last year and his subsequent release by the Miami Dolphins.
- Kyle Kosier, Olshansky’s teammate with the Dallas Cowboys, is also available.